There are few days we’ll celebrate as a New England pub, but National American Beer Day is one of them. Fireside Restaurant carries a variety of beers, but we hold a special place in our hearts for American brands. October 27 observes the thousands of American breweries across the US, and we wanted to share some American beer facts with you to start your day:
- Beer is America’s preferred alcoholic beverage
- Nearly 140,000,000 BBLS were sold in the US in 2016
- According to the Beer Institute Annual Report in 2014, the US beer industry sells over $100 billion in beer and malted drinks annually
- 99% of the breweries in the US are small, independent craft brewers
- There are just over 5,000 breweries in the US
- G. Yuengling & Son is the oldest beer company in the US, established in 1829
- Bud Light continues to be the most popular American beer at a 28% approval
- 11 national brewers make over 90% of all US beer
- Portland, Oregon is the #1 Beer Tourism city in the United States
- The Great American Beer Festival has taken place in Denver, CO in 1982. This year, they featured over 800 breweries and 3800+ beers
- One of the most expensive American-made beers is Dave’s Hair of the Dog. With a 29% ABV and limited bottles made and few bottles released, some have sold for as much as $2,000 in 2013
The best way to celebrate? Going down to your favorite pub and supporting an American brand you love. Fireside Restaurant carries a variety of on-tap and bottled beers for you to try. We would love to see you for a cold one and a meal. Our team will be waiting for you!
With more questions about our beers on tap, catering, or dining options, contact Fireside in Methuen today by calling (978) 683-2945.